Message from the Principal
Dear Westside Elementary Families,
Thank you for stopping by the Westside website. I hope you find the information posted here useful. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to call the school at 757-357-3021.
Marsha C. Cale, Ed.S.
STAY INFORMED! STAY CONNECTED!
- Stay in the know about what’s happening at WSES. Sign up here for our weekly communication The WSES Eagle Flyer!
- Sign up for the PowerSchool Parent Portal to review your child’s grades and academic progress, if you have not already done so. More information can be found on the division website (www.iwcs.k12.va.us/page/powerschool/) or in our school’s main office.
- Download the SchoolWay app and follow WSES to receive text message updates and news. More information on how to sign up can be found on our website or by visiting http://www.myschoolway.com/IWCSchools.
- Follow Westside Elementary School on Twitter @WSESSmithfield and on Facebook to keep up with all the great things going on in the classroom.
- Join our PTA (cost is $6/person) and follow them on Facebook @ Westside Elementary PTA. The PTA does so much to support our students throughout the year and it’s a great way to get involved in our school community!
IWCS has zero tolerance for bullying and all of our schools are bully-free zones. As educators, we play a critical role in ensuring that our children are learning in a safe and healthy environment. As community members, it is our duty to stand up and speak up against bullying. I encourage anyone who is being bullied or who has witnessed a bullying incident to notify an adult immediately or contact our School Information Tip (S.I.T.) line by calling 757-357-0908.
As always, my door is open, and I encourage you to give me a call if you have any questions. Thank you for your support.